|Bisson Moss welcomes you as a client of this firm and advises you:-That our fees are calculated having regard to a range of factors applied by the New Zealand Law Society which include time, urgency, expertise, importance to you, the complexity of the matter and the results achieved. Our time recording is used as an aid and a base only in our calculations. Fees are payable within 14 days of an invoice being issued or by deduction from any credit balances we may hold on your behalf and you hereby authorise us to make those deductions. (There may be instances where we have provided an estimate and we shall always endeavour to adhere to that estimate). We may also interim bill matters from time to time depending on the length and complexity of matters we are undertaking on your behalf and you authorise us to make deductions from money held on your behalf in respect of those interim bills.
Our fees invoices will identify all disbursements and costs we have incurred on your behalf. We reserve the right to add interest to any account more than 14 days overdue at the rate of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) together with all costs of recovery and you authorise Bisson Moss to disclose such information as is necessary about you to any credit reference or debt recovery agency for the purposes of recovering overdue fees and such information may be retained by them for this purpose. Finally, we have the right to exercise a lien on all files pending full payment of all outstanding costs and disbursements owing to Bisson Moss.
That the firm holds credible “Professional Indemnity Cover” that exceeds the minimum cover specified by the New Zealand Law Society.That any monies receipted to the firm’s trust account will be subject to the cover provided by the Lawyers’ Fidelity Fund. There is a limit of $100,000.00 per claim and the Law Society Fidelity Fund protection does not cover funds held for investment.
That should any matter not be to your satisfaction you are invited to discuss the problem with the solicitor/legal executive handling your file or refer the matter to Anthony John Redmond. If a suitable resolution is not achieved the matter can be referred to the New Zealand Law Society. For further information go to http://www.lawsociety.org.nz
|Client Care PrinciplesThe Law Society client care and service information is set out below:
• Act competently, in a timely way, and in accordance with instructions received and arrangements made;
• Protect and promote your interests and act for you free from compromising influences or loyalties;
• Discuss with you your objectives and how they should best be achieved;
• Provide you with information about the work to be done, who will do it and the way the services will be provided;
• Charge you a fee that is fair and reasonable and let you know how and when you will be billed;
• Give you clear information and advice;
• Protect your privacy and ensure appropriate confidentiality;
• Treat you fairly, respectfully and without discrimination;
• Keep you informed about the work being done and advise you when it is completed.
• The work will be undertaken by the lawyer/legal executive of Bisson Moss whom you instruct unless otherwise advised to you.
• We provide legal services to you based on these terms of engagement, which will apply in all instances unless you notify us in writing to the contrary. We recommend that you retain these terms as the core basis of our commitment to you.